Fact: The Viet Cong was a dedicated communist organization commanded by Ho Chi Minh and engaged in assassinations of their opponents from 1945 on.
- The Viet Cong engaged in acts of terror as a matter of policy; grenades and bombs thrown into public venues, assassinations of police officers and army officials, etc.
- From the beginning, in 1941, the Viet Cong systematically eliminated their opposition by betraying them to the French
- Beginning in 1945 they began using assassinations and violence to eliminate opposition leaders and intimidate peasants into supporting them.
- During the Tet offensive, the Viet Cong murdered more than 5000 civilians in Hue by strangulation and burying them alive.
- The Viet Cong used torture and murder of village leaders to intimidate the rural population into compliance with their goals