Fact: At least a half a million Vietnamese died as a direct cause of the communist takeover. 1.7 million died in Cambodia, and a half a million more in Laos.
- 65,000-100,000 South Vietnamese were executed after the takeover.
- 165,000 died in re-education campus due to torture, beatings, disease and starvation.
- 250,000 died trying to escape the communist tyranny on boats.
- Some estimates place total deaths from 1975 to the present at over 1.5 million.
- 1.7 million were murdered in Cambodia.
- About 56,000 were killed in Laos. The Lao government continues to pursue and murder the Hmong people to this day.